BENGALURU: An immunity booster chapati, a telemetry-based device for contactless monitoring of covid-19 patients, an air sanitizer for air-conditioned offices are among the eight products developed by startups at Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (BBC), all of which centered around limiting the spread of covid pandemic.
Deputy chief minister CN Ashwath Narayan, who holds the IT portfolio, launched the products on Thursday in the presence of Prime Ministerâs principal scientific advisor K Vijay Raghavan. The Centre is an initiative of Karnatakaâs IT/BT department.
âThese products add to the list of earlier products developed at BBC. This shows that Karnataka has emerged as a leading state in developing solutions to fight the pandemic,â the deputy CM said.
The PMâs scientific advisor said BBCâs partnership with IIMB should help the startups with scaling up their products, market analysis and access to capital.
Here are the details of startups and their products as disclosed by the IT/BT department:
- Padma Vitals +: Developed by Madan Gopal of Cardiac Design labs, it is a centralized monitoring device for ECG, respiration, Spo2 and body temperature. It measures vitals continuously and the analysis sent through telemetry, with an alerting system embedded in it. The device helps with contactless monitoring of Covid patients and was validated at Narayana Hrudayalaya.
- Malliâs Cordytea: Developed by Dr. Moushmi Mondal from Mallipatra Neutraceuticals, the product is an immunity booster tea prepared from medicinal mushroom, grown under lab conditions.
- CD4 Shield : Developed by Vijay Lanka & team from Stabicon, it is a chewable tablet. The product reduces cytokine storm in response to viral infection.
- BeamRoti : Developed by Srinivas from Aspartika, the product is an immunity booster chapati having mixture of herbs recommended by AYUSH ministry.
- Immune booster daily drops: Developed by Srinivas from Aspartika, the product is an immunity booster drop having mixture of herbs recommended by the AYUSH ministry.
- VegPhal : Developed by Deepak Bhajantri from Krimmi Biotech, this fruit and vegetable sanitizer is prepared using edible ingredients effective against microbes and removal of pesticides.
- Water Sanitizer – Kitchen Tap: The product developed by Ravi Kumar from Biofi is a miniaturized version of UV purifier that can be attached to a water tap and kill 99% of microbes.
- Anti-Micobial HVAC module: Developed by Ravi Kumar from Biofi, the module can be fitted to HVAC-system to sanitize air indoors.